For the second year running, Insurance Ireland and Brokers Ireland are pleased to publish the 2022 Diversity Survey report in collaboration with Deloitte. The inaugural 2021 survey report provided a baseline assessment of the diversity levels within the Irish Insurance landscape (across underwriters and brokers).
The purpose of this year’s survey is to understand the current diversity landscape since the 2021 survey was conducted, reflect on areas of strength and identify any gaps to enable future improvements within the industry. As such, additional questions were added to the 2022 survey to capture a more comprehensive picture of the sector’s diversity, such as ethnicity data, among others.
Full report available below.
The results are spilt by small, medium and large organisations. Here is a summary of the Insurance Ireland & Brokers Ireland results combined:
- 69% of large organisations said that hybrid working has improved diversity at their company.
- 35% of small firms, 73% of medium firms and 100% of large firms have either one or multiple networks in place relating to D&I interests.
- 34% of respondents have an active Diversity & Inclusion (D&I) strategy in place compared to 27% in 2021
- 47% of the respondents said that D&I is a Board and Executive agenda item compared to 39% in 2021
- 19% of respondents have either a full or part time D&I resource in place, compared to 14% in 2021
- 27% of senior leaders in the sector are women (Board, C-suite for Insurance Ireland members and director for Brokers Ireland companies)
I would like to take the opportunity to thank the Insurance Ireland member companies who took part in this survey & thank you to Deloitte, our Strategic Alliance Partner, who were involved in the preparation of the report: through support in providing insights on the results of the survey.