Job opportunity - Events Executive
Candidate and Job Specification
The successful candidate will help raise awareness of the Insurance Ireland brand and core services, driving membership engagement in support of our advocacy remit, primarily through our calendar of events and industry partnerships.
You will be an experienced events professional, ideally with previous experience working in a professional services or financial services firm.
You are highly organised, a self-starter and experienced in developing and executing both traditional (events, sponsorships, conferences) and digitally-enabled tactics (podcasts, webinars, social), as part of our membership engagement campaigns. You must be a team player, with the ability to work with minimal supervision and be adept at building and maintaining a variety of stakeholder relationships.
As a member of the broader membership services team, you will work closely with internal teams including Internal and External Communications, Government Affairs and Shared Services, as well as with colleagues based in our Brussels office.
• Design and delivery of events, from round tables to larger corporate events
• Oversee all event related planning and logistics
• Manage budgets and resources where applicable
• Oversee the invitation and registration process ensuring best practice and GDPR compliance
• Design, develop and manage speaker programmes
• Manage members as stakeholders and participants/delegates
• Manage external stakeholder relationships such as venues, AV suppliers and creative agencies
• Where appropriate to flagship events, manage sponsorship programmes
• Identify, appraise and book suitable venues for the calendar of events 2020+
• Monitor latest industry trends and competitor activity
• Curate and create content that showcases the best of our events; such as blogs, testimonials and videos
• Track event performance and wrap around marketing/PR campaign results
Bachelor’s degree, university degree or equivalent experience.
Experience and skills required:
• At least 3 years experience in an events role, ideally in professional services or financial services
• Resourceful approach to problem solving and ability to propose creative solutions
• Strong project management skills with an ability to own and progress multiple event project plans concurrently
• Able to build credibility with a large network of key stakeholders
• Able to work both as part of a team and take the initiative on projects assigned
• Excellent attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong tech skills including familiarity with event management systems
Chief Membership Engagement Officer
A competitive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate. Apply to Ajay Pathak, Chief Operating Officer, Insurance Ireland, 1st Floor, 5 Harbourmaster Place, IFSC, Dublin 1 or by email to email@example.com.
Please note that Insurance Ireland is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.