We are delighted to announce a two-part webinar series in partnership with our associate member AXA Investment Managers. As countries around the world start to plan an economic roadmap out of the pandemic, many governments are indicating their intention to “build back better” through expanded stimulus measures including ambitious ‘green’ spending plans and other climate-focused commitments.
Join our two-part series of investment webinars to hear AXA Investment Manager experts discuss the challenges and opportunities this will present.
Evolving Economies: International economies adopt a ‘build back better’ approach to recovery. In the first webinar, David Page, Head of Macro Research, AXA Investment Managers will cover key market themes including:
- How central banks, including the ECB, are seeking to support economic recovery against a backdrop of mounting inflation concerns.
- How the global economy might adapt to trends in digitalisation, working patterns, business models and global supply chain structures that have been accelerated by the pandemic.
- How fiscal stimulus measures and long-term strategic planning around the world might help to ‘green the recovery’ that emerges post-virus, particularly given policy momentum around climate change.
Webinar 2 - Thursday, 13th May at 11.00am until 12.00 noon
Embracing change: equity investing and structural, long-term growth opportunities. In the second webinar, Amanda O'Toole, Portfolio Manager, AXA Investment Managers will discuss key themes from the past 12 months and their implications for investors including:
- How lockdown has increased digital connectivity, transforming the way we work, socialise, shop, exercise and educate ourselves. These are not completely new habits, but COVID-19 has sharply accelerated the pace of the shift online.
- How the pandemic has highlighted the need for supply chain resilience among businesses, which is further driven by wider issues such as extreme weather conditions and geopolitical risks.
- How, as technology progresses and consumers become more climate aware, we are seeing a clear shift towards the adoption of cleantech by corporates and consumers. Corporates are increasingly committing to net zero targets and developing or buying innovative solutions to address their environmental challenges.
This event is open to the Insurance Ireland members only. For further details please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
David leads AXA IM’s Macroeconomic Research Team, comprising economists in London, Paris and Hong Kong. The team provides global forecasts and analysis on macroeconomic and market developments across the world. David joined AXA IM in 2014 as a Senior Economist concentrating on the US and UK, a research focus he continues. Prior to AXA IM, David spent four years with Lloyds Banking Group where he worked as the primary fixed income macroeconomist, with specific emphasis on the UK. Before that he spent 10 years with Investec, working most recently in the Securities team providing macroeconomic advice for the Group, specialising in UK and European affairs. David initially joined Investec in the Treasury and Specialised Finance area, supporting interest rate trading activities.
Amanda is the lead portfolio manager on AXA IM’s Clean Economy strategy. She is also the co-manager of the Global Thematics strategy and the Clean Tech thematic specialist in the global research team. Amanda was previously a member of the Emerging Markets team with a focus on energy, utilities, consumer and healthcare. Prior to joining AXA IM in 2011, Amanda was an Investment Analyst at Nevsky Capital, covering Europe and then Emerging Markets across a range of sectors with emphasis on energy, utilities and consumer. Amanda began her career at PricewaterhouseCoopers, initially in Corporate Recovery and later in Corporate Finance.