The Council is currently chaired by Ms Helen O'Sullivan, Axis Speciality Europe SE.
The mandate of the Reinsurance and Captive Council is to take ownership of issues pertinent to the reinsurance and captive industry in Ireland and to ensure that they are progressed in line with Insurance Ireland’s Strategic Plan and that reinsurance and captive members have a voice in shaping the future direction of the industry. This involves setting priorities, deepening ties with the European office of Insurance Ireland to work on key policies such as proportionate application of the Solvency II regime and supervisory and regulatory convergence. The Council also focuses on furthering other relevant initiatives and responding to applicable consultations from stakeholders domestically and globally though our sister organisations Insurance Europe and the Global Federation of Insurance Associations (GFIA).
The Reinsurance and Captive Council has responsibility under the “Ireland for Finance 2025” strategy for the development of an InsurTech ecosystem. As such, the Council has taken a lead on the establishment of a dedicated industry hub, where member companies, government bodies, start-ups and other stakeholders can work together on related reform.
- Ms. Helen O’Sullivan, Axis Specialty Europe SE (Chair)
- Mr. David Stafford, ALD Re DAC
- Mr. Michael Spellman, Aon
- Ms. Regina O’Connor, AXA XL
- Mr. Michael Brady, Golden Arches Insurance DAC
- Mr. Patrick O’Brien, Greenlight Reinsurance Ireland DAC
- Ms. Kathrin Scherff, Hannover Re (Ireland) DAC
- Ms. Lenka Lyons, Marsh Management Services (Dublin) Ltd
- Mr. Martin Scullion, Probus Insurance
- Mr. Stephen Devine, SCOR Global Life Reinsurance Ireland DAC
- Mr. Trevor Madden, Willis Towers Watson Management (Dublin) Ltd