The Life Council is currently chaired by Ms Ann Kelleher, Ark Life Assurance Co dac.
The role of the Life Council is to take ownership of the core domestic life market issues and ensure that they are dealt with in line with Insurance Ireland’s Strategic Plan. The Life Council meets once a quarter. Committees and working groups report to the Council on their initiatives.
Since its establishment in mid-2012 the primary focus of the Life Council has been the role of insurers in pension provision against the background of initiatives such as auto-enrolment and the Pan European Pension Plan (PEPP). Also of key importance to the industry is the role of tax treatment of retirement planning.
Other issues include Solvency II, the transparency of charges and trends from other markets and EU proposals in relation to distribution.
- Mr Keith Butler, Acorn Life dac
- Ms Ann Kelleher, Ark Life Assurance Co dac (Chair)
- Mr Tom Browne, Aviva Life & Pensions Ireland dac
- Mr George Harbut, Elips Life Ltd
- Mr Denis McLoughlin, Irish Life Assurance plc
- Mr Michael Murphy, New Ireland Assurance
- Mr Noel Freeley, Royal London
- Mr Michael McKenna, Standard Life
- Mr David O'Dowd, Zurich Life Assurance plc