The Council is currently chaired by Mr Aidan Holton, Monument Group.
The role of the International Council is to represent the interests of Insurance Ireland’s international members. The Council aims to develop and execute a successful engagement plan to promote Ireland in the best possible way as a base for insurance companies, helping to grow and promote Ireland’s international financial sector. The council will work collaboratively with the CBI and Government & other representative bodies on an appropriate operating framework for international insurance in Ireland which will result in a new era of retention and growth.
Insurance Ireland will leverage its membership of Insurance Europe to influence policy at European level to deliver the right results for Ireland Inc. and the insurance industry as well as being the voice of insurance under the Ireland For Finance 2025 government initiative. The International Council will also input into Insurance Ireland’s policy in areas common to all insurance companies.
- Mr John Armstrong, Allianz Care
- Mr Tadhg Clandillon, Athora Ireland plc
- Mr Eoin Lynam, AXA Life Europe dac
- Ms Regina O'Connor, AXA XL
- Mr Declan Bolger, Canada Life Europe
- Mr John Finnegan, Darta Saving Life Assurance dac
- Mr Duncan Robertson, FIL Life Insurace Ireland
- Ms Valeie McMullan, Leaseplan Insurance
- Mr Dirk Ostijn, MetLife Europe Ltd
- Mr Aidan Holton, Monument Group (Chair)
- Mr Michael Leahy, Prudential Internationl
- Ms Siobhan Fay, St. James's Place International
- Mr James Liston, Travelers Insurance dac
- Mr Paul Gillett, Utmost PanEurope dac
- Mr Tiziano Motteran, Vera Financial dac
- Mr Neil Freshwater, Zurich Insurance plc