Important Notice From Insurance Ireland - Flood Damage
Insurance Ireland has issued advice to householders about what to do if they have suffered flood damage to their property.
• Household buildings and contents insurance policies cover damage
caused by floods.
• Damage to cars is covered by comprehensive motor insurance policies.
• Insurers will usually pay for the cost of temporary repairs, so please keep
• Insurers will also usually pay for the cost of alternative accommodation, if
the home becomes uninhabitable.
• Householders should check the full extent of their policies and contact
their insurer or broker as quickly as possible.
INSURANCE IRELAND MEMBER COMPANY HELPLINES
AIG 01 859 9700
ALLIANZ 1890 779 999
AVIVA 1890 666 888
AXA 1890 247 365
ECCLESIASTICAL 01 619 0300 (Out of Hours – 01 408 1820)
FBD 1890 953 953
LIBERTY 1850 858 530
123.ie Claims 1890 200 123
ZURICH 1890 208 408
If something goes wrong in your home for which you have insurance cover, the above are contact numbers for insurance companies that provide household cover. Opening hours may vary