Insurance Ireland partners with Milliman to run the CRO Forum and hosts 4 events per annum with a focus on:
• The regulatory agenda, domestic and European
• The risk landscape (current and emerging)
• Best practices in risk management (particularly using case-studies)
This is the 2nd event of the forum in 2018 with guest speaker Neil Allan of Systemic Consult on "Analysing and Measuring Risk Culture and Conduct Risk Insights".
|08:00 - 08:30 am
|08:30 – 08:40 am
||Intro Padraic O'Malley, Milliman
|08:40 – 09:20 am
||Guest Speaker, * Neil Allan, Systemic Consult
|09:20 – 09:40 am
||Q & A session
|09:40 – 10.00 am
* Across the globe, regulators continue to focus on the board’s responsibility for embedding effective cultures, especially when it comes to establishing good risk management behaviours.
Leaders of organisations have long been aware that their corporate cultures shape the way people behave. The drive now is to find how this relationship can be made more tangible, particularly in relation to risk management.
Some of the key questions that we repeatedly get asked about risk culture are:
• What is risk culture and why is it so important to the leadership and performance of organisations?
• What are some of the different approaches taken by financial institutions in the UK and Australia to measuring risk culture?
• As the CRO, how can you measure risk culture in an economically and effective way and still give assurance.
• What do you do with results of the analysis and how to use it to best influence the risk culture?
• Where does risk conduct fit into the risk culture analysis?
This session will use real case studies, examples and personal experiences of the speaker, gained from the financial industry to provide guidance and insights to these questions? The session will be interactive and the main aim is to really get into the pragmatic issues of measurement, assessment and resulting outputs and actions.
Please note the following dates in your diary for the remaining two events in 2018:
The forum is open to CROs of member companies of Insurance Ireland.
Registration is strictly via our online registration tool.
*This is an Insurance Ireland member event.
If you require further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
BIO: Neil Allan BSc, MBA, CEng, MICE, SIRM
Managing Director, Systemic Consult Ltd. A Chartered Civil Engineer, Risk Specialist, Executive Mentor and Coach, Managing Director who applies system thinking to organisational issues including strategy, risk management, cultural assessment, innovation and change. Collaborates works with academics and leading universities to apply current research and knowledge to real world applications.
For further details please click here for our event website.