In additon to the Board there are Councils which support the Board in driving forward Insurance Ireland’s strategy and lobbying approach. These include the General Council, Life Council, International Council, Reinsurance & Captive Council and Health Council, representing various sectors of the insurance industry and the Insurance Ireland membership.
Each year a President is appointed at the AGM and the Presidency alternates between life, general, international member and reinsurance & captive companies. In addition, a wide range of committees and working groups meet throughout the year, dealing with specialist areas and membership comprises representatives of member companies.
- Ms Ann Kelleher, Ark Life Assurance Co dac
- Mr Philip Bradley, AXA Insurance dac
- Ms Julie Sinnamon, External Board Member
- Mr Tomás O'Midheach, FBD Insurance plc
- Mr Patrick O'Brien, Greenlight Reinsurance Ireland dac
- Mr David Harney, Irish Life Assurance plc
- Mr Donal Clancy, Laya Healthcare (President)
- Mr Michael Leahy, Prudential International Assurance plc
- Mr Kevin Thompson, RSA Insurance Ireland dac
- Mr Stephen Devine, SCOR Global Life Reinsurance Ireland dac
- Mr Anthony Brennan, Zurich Ireland