Welcome from CEO
A Message from Kevin Thompson, CEO, Insurance Ireland
Reflecting on 2014, it has been a year in which Insurance Ireland further consolidated its position as the voice of Insurance at a domestic and international level, the latter through our representation via Insurance Europe & Global Federation of Insurance Association (GFIA).
The 2014 high level metrics supporting our role as the Voice of Insurance continued to show an improvement compared to 2013, highlighted as follows:
- Membership up by 12%
- 300 member organisation staff engaged directly with us in delivering on our strategy for the industry, an increase of 25% compared to 2013
- 35 events held in 2014, up from 8 in 2013
- Over 1,700 delegates participating in Insurance Ireland Events, the highest recorded for any year in the history of the organisation
- Increase in the number of policy & regulatory items we engaged with on behalf of the sector, up by 28% on 2013
- The establishment of Insurance Ireland’s INED Council
- The ongoing building of internal capability to support our every increasing agenda
- Increased media presence
In continually striving to be more refined in our representation on behalf of the sector, and in doing so seeking to achieve the right outcomes for our sector and its customers, perhaps the biggest ongoing challenge faced by Insurance Ireland is to increase understanding about the role of insurance, its benefits and how its unique business model works, both at a consumer, institutional and government stakeholder level. To this end and in accordance with our overall strategic plan, our most recent Consumer Conference took the first high profile step in engaging proactively around the consumer agenda on behalf of the sector, with other initiatives, including policy, across Life, General, International & Health demonstrating to our wider stakeholders the role our industry currently plays and can play in the future in providing solutions that address our countries economic and social challenges.
As an organisation we will continue to work in partnership with government and the regulator to ensure that the right solutions are found and implemented so as not to restrict the potential of our sector when our consumers need us most in these ever changing times.
To close I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support, and as your representative body in the context of an ever growing presence amongst our stakeholders, we will strive even harder in 2015 to represent our members needs at domestic and European level.